2020 Health Care Conference Session Recordings
Opening Keynote: Dr. Tunde Sotunde, President and CEO of Blue Cross NC, discusses “The Five Ingredients for Better, Simpler, More Affordable Health Care.”
COVID19: Testing, Treatment and Vaccine Development: Updates on the status of vaccine development, testing evolution, and treatment options. Panelists include:
- Dr. Len Friedland, Vice President and Director for Scientific Affairs and Public Health, GSK
- Dr. Oren Cohen, Chief Medical Officer, Covance
- Dr. David Wohl, Professor of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, UNC School of Medicine
- Moderator: Shaylah Nunn Jones, Principal, Government & Public Affairs, Novo Nordisk Pharmaceutical Industries, LP
Reducing Healthcare Costs and Improving Patient Care through Biosimilars: Employers have a new instrument in their drug-management toolkit: biosimilars. Mirroring the use of generic drugs for brand-name non-biologic drugs, biosimilars have the promise of being less expensive alternatives to their biologic brand-name counterparts. Hence, it is important for employers to adopt utilization of biosimilars in their benefit plans. Hear from Pfizer’s VP of Government Relations, Dr. Robert Popovian, in this session.
A Conversation with Hospital Leadership: Executives at some of NC’s largest hospital networks discuss the status of their operations, testing updates, and the needs of the health care community as we continue to battle the COVID19 pandemic. Panelists include:
- Rear Admiral Donald Gintzig, President & CEO, WakeMed Health & Hospitals
- Steve Burriss, President, Triangle Region, UNC Health
- Dr. Michael Waldrum, CEO, Vidant Health
- Moderator: Melanie Sanders, Director of Video Production and Professional Development, Walk West
Health Care Supply Chain: Challenges and Improvement: Health care supply chain leaders discuss the status of PPE in North Carolina, domestic vs. offshore manufacturing, and more. Panelists include:
- Michael J. Akire, President, Premier
- Jerry Cook, Vice President, Government and Trade Relations, Hanesbrands, Inc.
- John Loyack, Vice President, Global Business Services, Economic
- Development Partnership of North Carolina -Moderator: Kelly Fuller, President, NC Chamber Foundation
Learn more about what the NC Chamber is doing to drive value-based health care and a strong pandemic recovery in North Carolina.
Interested in receiving notifications on our future events and issue areas? Subscribe to stay on top of the issues that impact your business and industry.