Registration is now closed for the 2019 TPM Academy. Sign up here to be notified when registration for the next cohort opens.
Thank you for your interest in the Talent Pipeline Management™ (TPM) and the TPM Academy™ of North Carolina. Building on the success of the previously held national- and state-based TPM Academy cohorts, the NC Chamber is hosting the inaugural TPM Academy of North Carolina for partners interested in implementing TPM in their communities.
The TPM Academy™ is an in-person training for state and local chamber, business association, and economic development agency leaders, as well as employers, to learn the TPM approach to drive partnerships with their education and training providers based on industry need. The TPM Academy is facilitated by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation and is supported by a customized curriculum that serves as an employer handbook and gives participants the knowledge, skills, and abilities to implement talent supply chain solutions on behalf of their employer collaborative members. In addition, the corresponding TPM web tool activates the six TPM strategies to streamline data collection and visualization for employer partners. TPM Academy graduates become members of the TPM National Learning Network (NLN), ambassadors of the TPM approach that regularly collaborate to learn from one another’s successes and challenges implementing TPM projects, and collectively continue to grow the TPM initiative.
We recognize that attending the Academy alone will not result in change for your community—it will require your commitment to identifying, developing, and integrating tactics throughout your approach.
TPM Academy of North Carolina 2019 Dates
- First session: Thursday & Friday, September 26th and 27th
- Webinar 1: Wednesday, October 16th
- Second session: Thursday & Friday, November 14th & 15th
- Webinar 2: Wednesday, December 11th
- Third session: Thursday & Friday, January 16th and 17th
TPM Academy of North Carolina Participant Requirements
All participants in the TPM Academy of North Carolina agree to the following:
- Payment of full tuition before the first TPM Academy meeting, or on a schedule as arranged between participants and the NC Chamber Foundation. Tuition will be $495 for members of the NC Chamber and $995 for non-members.
- Attendance at 3 two-day meetings at the NC Chamber offices in Raleigh, North Carolina
- Optional attendance at 2 online webinars
- Dedication of appropriate time for participant’s TPM project
- Submission of progress reports or data for participant’s TPM project, within necessary privacy restrictions
The TPM Academy of North Carolina application is in two parts: an initial interest form and a secondary application with essay questions. By completing this interest form, applications indicate that they would like to proceed with their application for the TPM Academy of North Carolina and understand that they will be emailed the essay questions to complete before their chosen application deadline.
Additionally, applicants must submit a statement of support from the CEO of their organization. Requirements for the statement of support will be emailed to applicants after they submit the interest form.