COVID-19 Vaccine Resources for Employers
Employers are encouraged to partner with their local providers and health departments to facilitate vaccines for employees.
North Carolina Business Resources
- Before implementing a workforce vaccination plan, employers should understand the Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness (PREP) Act. Learn more: Protecting Your Company Against COVID-19 Vaccine Suits.
- Guide for mass vaccination events developed by Atrium Health, Honeywell, Tepper Sports and Entertainment, Charlotte Motor Speedway.
- The NC Chamber created a one-pager for employers on how to connect your frontline essential workers with a vaccine.
- The NC Chamber hosted the webinar “Vaccine Rollout: Workplace and Legal Implications.” Access the webinar recording, presentation slides, and other resources here.
- NCDHHS provides guidance for employers of essential workers including a PSA: Essential Workers – You Have A Spot, Take Your Shot (English / Spanish) and video for agricultural workers (Spanish).
- Catapult created a vaccination planning tool for NC businesses with guidance on educating employees and encouraging vaccinations (includes information on voluntary vs. mandatory employee programs.
- NCDHHS survey for businesses interested in hosting or supporting community vaccine events.
General State Resources
- The NCDHHS website has information on how to get a COVID-19 vaccine. Individuals 12 years and older are eligible for the vaccine. You can also search for local testing locations and county health departments. Call the COVID-19 vaccine help center at 888-675-4567 if you have questions. In North Carolina, anyone who is age 12 or older may receive COVID-19 vaccines with or without health insurance. Use this tool to find a vaccine provider near you. Caregivers, providers, and individuals across North Carolina may schedule an in-home vaccination by calling 866-303-0026.
- NCDHHS presentation deck on COVID-19 Vaccines: Your best shot against COVID-19
- NCDHHS COVID-19 Vaccination Dashboard
- NCDHHS provides materials for communicating about safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines (English/Spanish).
- NCDHHS Bilingual Flyer
- CDC provides COVID-19 vaccine communication toolkit for essential workers. This resource includes information on mandates and exemptions, how to promote vaccines, and other workplace issues.
- FAQs from the CDC about COVID-19 vaccination in the workplace.
- CDC provides resources for implementing a workplace COVID-19 vaccination program.
- CDC: Ensuring the Safety of COVID-19 Vaccines in the United States and Benefits of Getting a COVID-19 Vaccine.
- U.S. Chamber provides COVID-19 Vaccines – Digital Resource Center.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- What You Should Know About COVID-19 and the ADA, the Rehabilitation Act, and Other EEO Laws (section K. Vaccinations)
- Resources for the public about the EEO laws and COVID-19.
- The Health Action Alliance provides a “Quick Start Guide” for employers as they consider employee vaccinations.
- Biotechnology Innovation Organization explains how vaccines are developed. Patient safety is central to the research and development.
- Biotechnology Innovation Organization explains why a COVID-19 vaccine is safe and effective.