Charged with creating a strong, sustainable future for business and communities across North Carolina, the NC Chamber Foundation is tackling the workforce challenge head-on by expanding the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation’s Talent Pipeline Management (TPM) program within the state. This nationally recognized program has helped businesses in multiple sectors transform their workforce pipelines, and our team is excited to bring it to North Carolina.
TPM is a demand-driven, employer-led approach to close the skills gap by building pipelines of talent aligned to dynamic business needs.
The process starts with the TPM Academy, where state and local chambers, business associations, economic development agency leaders, and employers are trained in the framework’s six strategies to drive partnerships with education and training providers. Trained facilitators then utilize supply-chain management principles to follow the framework, resulting in a more data- and performance-driven approach to improving these partnerships.
The TPM Academy of North Carolina, 2019-2020 Session
Applications are closed for the inaugural class of the TPM Academy of North Carolina. Sign up here to be notified when applications for the next cohort open.
The NC Chamber Foundation is hosting a six-month Talent Pipeline Management Academy. The purpose of the Academy is to train up to 25 individuals in the utilization of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation’s Talent Pipeline Management program. The Academy will help create a new generation of workforce development leaders throughout the state.
The TPM Academy is an in-person training, facilitated by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation, for business, education and community leaders to learn to drive partnerships with their education and training providers based on industry need.
The training is supported by a customized curriculum and accompanying web tool that serves as an employer handbook and gives participants the knowledge, skills, and abilities to implement talent supply chain solutions on behalf of their employer collaborative members.
TPM Academy of North Carolina 2019 Dates
- First session: Thursday & Friday, September 26th and 27th
- Webinar 1: Wednesday, October 16th
- Second session: Thursday & Friday, November 14th & 15th
- Webinar 2: Wednesday, December 11th
- Third session: Thursday & Friday, January 16th and 17th
TPM Academy of North Carolina Participant Requirements
All participants in the TPM Academy of North Carolina agree to the following:
- Payment of full tuition before the first TPM Academy meeting, or on a schedule as arranged between participants and the NC Chamber Foundation. Tuition will be $495 for members of the NC Chamber and $995 for non-members.
- Attendance at 3 two-day meetings at the NC Chamber offices in Raleigh, North Carolina
- Optional attendance at 2 online webinars
- Dedication of appropriate time for participant’s TPM project
- Submission of progress reports or data for participant’s TPM project, within necessary privacy restrictions
The TPM Academy of North Carolina application is in two parts: an initial interest form and a secondary application with essay questions. By completing this interest form, applications indicate that they would like to proceed with their application for the TPM Academy of North Carolina and understand that they will be emailed the essay questions to complete before their chosen application deadline.
Additionally, applicants must submit a statement of support from the CEO of their organization. Requirements for the statement of support will be emailed to applicants after they submit the interest form.