As Hurricane Dorian moves closer to North Carolina’s coast, and with the latest news that Governor Cooper is ordering an evacuation of the Outer Banks, we wanted to share a list of information and websites that may be useful as you prepare for the storm. The NC Chamber stands at the ready to help connect you with the resources or organizations you need, and we will be sure to keep you updated as news continues to emerge.
- Statewide Information Line: Dial 211 or 888-892-1162 for 24/7 information about nearby shelters, food assistance, housing and other storm-related help.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation National Help Desk (1-888-MY-BIZ-HELP): The Help Desk will provide coordination of information among businesses, local chambers of commerce, nonprofits, government, and disaster recovery specialists. The purpose is to support and enhance existing systems, and facilitate information sharing where there are gaps.
- North Carolina Department of Public Safety: Dorian Information
- ReadyNC‘s Hurricane page
- NCDOT Evacuation Routes
- North Carolina Traffic & Travel Information
- FEMA National Business Emergency Operations Center
- National Hurricane Center’s Dorian page
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation: How to Prepare Your Business for Hurricane Dorian